The Clearfield County Shrine Club was organized in the 1950’s. At that time the club was referenced as the “Shrine Club Up In The Hills.” The first president and one of the founders was Dr. Harry G. Schaffer. Within two years of its establishment, the club had a membership of 90. At present, that number has more than doubled. A number of the charter members, as well as those who became members in the beginning, are still active within the club. In the early days, the club was granted a charter to Sponsor an Oriental Band in the name of the Clearfield County Shrine Club. The band still exists today. Over the years the club has supported many activities at the Jaffa Temple and Shrine Hospitals. There are a number of events that occur annually to support the Temple fundraisers, such as the Circus Directors and the Paper Crusade. Local events include Ladies Night and those events witch support the community.
When the club was organized, the founders established an award program called the Fez Award. This was to be given to a member that exemplified outstanding support and leadership to the club and to the cause of Shrinedom. This award has been treated with much respect. It has been bestowed only five times in the existence of the club. In 2002, Noble Phillip Robinson was elected to receive the award for his many years of club leadership and his support to Shrine Hospitals. A prior recipient, Dr. George Britt, presented the award to Noble Robinson.
All is well in the hills!